Current Research on Alligator Gar
Conservation Status /
Range & Status Maps /
/ Life History & Ecology /
Auburn Univsersity, AL - Alligator gar life history, conservation status, management, age and growth.
- Nicholls State University, LA - Status Assessment - Alabama Alligator Gar Status Assessment
Warm Springs National Fish Hatchery, GA - Genetics, spawning support, development of intensive culture and production techniques, sperm cryopreservation and short-term storage research, stocking support and assistance, and tagging/marking.
Layher BioLogics RTEC, Inc., AR - Arkansas Game & Fish Commission - Literature Survey, Status in States of Historic Occurrence, and Field Investigations into the Life History of Alligator Gar in the Ouachita River, Arkansas
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission - White River Alligator Gar Status Assessment
- FFWCC - Fish and Wildlife Research Institute - Investigating movements, habitat use, and distribution of A. spatula from the Escambia River, Fl.
- Louisiana State University, LA - U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Fisheries Resource and Conservation Office - Alligator Gar life history, characteristics, reproduction, age and growth.
- Mississippi Department of Fish & Wildlife - Status Assessment and surveys.
Pvt. John Allen National Fish Hatchery, Tupelo, MS - St. Catherines Creek National Wildlife Refuge - Spawning, reproduction, stocking support, telemetry and tracking of adult alligator gar, habitat assessment, and state assistance.
University of Southern Mississippi, MS - Population genetics, telemetry and physiology studies.
- Missouri Department of Conservation - Mingo National Wildlife Refuge
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, AR - The effects of alligator gar re-introductions on crappie and bluegill populations in Mingo National Wildlife Refuge, Missouri. Missouri Department of Conservation.
- Oklahoma State University, OK - Distribution, abundance, movements, habitats and population characteristics of the alligator gar in the Red and Arkansas River drainages in Oklahoma.
- Tennesse Wildlife Resources Agency - Alligator Gar stocking, restoration, and management planning.
- Warm Springs National Fish Hatchery, GA - Genetics, spawning support, development of intensive culture and production techniques, sperm cryopreservation and short-term storage research, stocking support and assistance, and tagging/marking.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department -Trinitiy River - Alligator Gar Telemetry, Status Assessment, Life History, Reproduction, Habitat Use.